Tuesday

Thanks Folks

my parents (mostly my mom) have come up on multiple weekends to help me with projects. my mom has--sometimes with, sometimes without my help--painted four rooms, shelves, and the baseboards, doors, walls and ceilings of my hallways. she also weeded my yard and completed various other tasks around the house. plus, she always cleans the house before she leaves.

the last time my dad was here he had me put him to work. first he installed this shelf in my bathroom:
then he fixed a towell rod (those things are always pulling out of the drywall). then he put the hardware on that white cabinet i made. then he finished (dan started) installing the shelves in chloe's closet:then he hung the curtain:then a man came over to give us a bid on wall-to-wall shelves. (the first bid we got was $1300.) i didn't have much confidence in this last man and when he left my dad said, "i could do it." and he did. we went to home depot for supplies. he worked from about 3:00-9:30 that night and then finished in the morning:then i sanded and puttied and dan caulked and my mom helped me paint. its something i've wanted done for a long time. i'm very excited about it . i'll post pictures soon.

5 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

Wow! Good work everyone. I'll have to stop in and see it one of these days.
Any baby yet?

5:24 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! It looks great KT.

7:58 AM  
Blogger Chanell said...

Your parents are awesome! I love Stella's Room. Someday you'll have to come help me with my house. You can bring your mom and dad too :)

8:06 PM  
Blogger k8theriver said...

q

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can we see pictures of the finished shelving please in Chloe's room? I'm about to start a similar project and would love to see your finished result. Thanks.

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home